To secure for all individuals in Idaho freedom from discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and older) and disability.
To investigate complaints by individuals who claim they have experienced a discriminatory practice in the areas of employment, housing, education and public accommodations.
To provide for execution within Idaho of the policies embodied in federal civil rights laws.
The Idaho Commission on Human Rights is appointed by the Governor. Read more about the Commission in Title 67, Chapter 59, Idaho Code.
The Idaho Human Rights Commission (IHRC) is an independent agency established by the Idaho legislature to help protect persons within the state from illegal discrimination. The IHRC also handles complaints under federal law deferred to them by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Brian Scigliano - President - Boise
- Estella Zamora - Vice President - Caldwell
- Katie Brodie - Commissioner - Hayden Lake
- L. Daniel Cravens - Commissioner - Blackfoot
- Hyrum Erickson - Commissioner - Rexburg
- Paul M. Jagosh - Commissioner - Boise
- Joe B. McNeal - Commissioner - Mountain Home
- Megan Ronk - Commissioner - Boise
- Kevin C. Settles - Commissioner - Boise