To secure for all individuals in Idaho freedom from discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and older) and disability.
To investigate complaints by individuals who claim they have experienced a discriminatory practice in the areas of employment, housing, education and public accommodations.
To provide for execution within Idaho of the policies embodied in federal civil rights laws.
The Idaho Commission on Human Rights is appointed by the Governor. Read more about the Commission in Title 67, Chapter 59, Idaho Code.
The Idaho Human Rights Commission (IHRC) is an independent agency established by the Idaho legislature to help protect persons within the state from illegal discrimination. The IHRC also handles complaints under federal law deferred to them by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Brian Scigliano – President – Boise
- Estella Zamora – Vice President – Caldwell
- L. Daniel Cravens – Commissioner – Blackfoot
- Hyrum Erickson – Commissioner – Rexburg
- Paul M. Jagosh – Commissioner – Boise
- Joe B. McNeal – Commissioner – Mountain Home
- Megan Ronk – Commissioner – Boise
- Kevin C. Settles – Commissioner – Boise
- Evelyn Johnson – Commissioner – Boise
- Benjamin Earwicker, PhD – Administrator
email@example.com – x4055
- Rick Rhodes – Senior Civil Rights Investigator
firstname.lastname@example.org – x4188
- Carmen Barney – Senior Civil Rights Investigator
email@example.com – x2223
- Gael Martin-Lee – Civil Rights Investigator
firstname.lastname@example.org – x3205
- Lindsy Glick – Bilingual Civil Rights Investigator
email@example.com – x3435
- Ross Schellhaas – Civil Rights Investigator
firstname.lastname@example.org – x3021
- Coline McConnel – Civil Rights Investigator
email@example.com – x3610
- Stephen Maier – Civil Rights Investigator
firstname.lastname@example.org – x4045
- Joanna Magdaleno – Administrative Assistant 2
email@example.com – x3072
- Theresa Hardy – Technical Records Specialist 2
firstname.lastname@example.org – x3987
- Doug Werth – Deputy Attorney General
email@example.com – x4210
Respect for the principles of civil rights laws. We are committed that each investigation and case decision made by the Commission is based on an impartial and accurate analysis of the available facts and the law and no other influence.
Respect for all the people with whom we deal. We will listen to people, respond to their concerns in a timely manner, affirm what we can and if we disagree, we will do so with honesty, knowledge, explanation and care.
Public service. Being a part of the Commission’s work is a privilege. We understand and accept its challenges and are rewarded by knowing that we are working together to make Idaho a better place to live. We perform each of our jobs to the best of our ability, assist co-workers in doing their jobs, enjoy the diversity of backgrounds and ideas that make up the staff and commissioners and work at all times to be an effective and professional team.